Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Powerful Neutral



I'm currently working on the design of a formal living room for some local clients here in Philadelphia.  The color scheme is really edited (think bright white + vanilla + tan + black).  All of the drama lies within the mix of textures and finishes (my favorite).  The room itself is sleek yet traditional.  And, there is a ton of natural light.  It's a fun project.  :)

Here are some of the inspiration images for this job that are floating around my desk.  I love how each room feels classic/polished while still exuding a strong sense of unique personal style.  The color schemes are completely monochromatic, utilizing different shades of white, tan, and grey.  Yes, the rooms are neutral.  But, the effect is soft and yet really powerful, don't you think?  That's what we're going for here...







































We'll be installing everything before Christmas, so I hope to share some images on the blog around January.

*all pictures and credits via Pinterest, follow me here*


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

SHERRY HART said...

I am a lover of all things neutral….these are some great examples!

Brandyn said...

All beautiful examples. Neutrals can have great impact when used well!

Lavender said...

I am a lover of colour with a capital "C"...but you could not have said it best with your selection of images. Powerful, indeed. Love this post.

Anonymous said...

Kelly I love yur style so much. Come to Australia and do my house, please ??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...