Saturday, July 21, 2012

Potted Lavender

lavender, potted in my vintage McCoy planter


My husband Dave knows that I love this specific McCoy pattern (I believe it's called "bead and leaf").  So, whenever he finds a "bead & leaf" planter at a flea market, he brings it home for me. :)   At this point, I have a small collection going (mostly holding fresh herbs).  Recently, I decided to take this particular planter and fill it with lavender.  I love the soft tiny leaves, and the scent is heavenly.   

They say that lavender aromatherapy helps relieve stress (among a million other things).  I think they're right.  :)



...


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

My Garden Diaries said...

Love lavender and love that vintage planter! I like the detail....want one! How cool of your hubby to pick those up for you!

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Your husband shops flea markets? That is my definition of marrying well. Not surprisingly, my lavender is doing well outside in this oppressive NJ heat.

Anonymous said...

I love the bamboo McCoy planters, white, any size. I use them at Christmas for amaryllises and paper whites.

The Tiny Abode said...

I love finding white containers to use for herbs. What a sweet hubs you must have!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...