Sunday, March 18, 2012

One Week!




Mad Men is back in one week from today!  Dave and I are obviously HUGE fans of this vintage-inspired drama, and we're proud to have provided the prop department with a few products over the years.  The above clip is all about Betty, one of my very favorite (and I think, misunderstood) characters.


Season 5 premieres on Sunday, March 25th with a 2-hour episode.  High Street Market will be celebrating in it's own way this week-- so, stay tuned!


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Jenny Castle Design said...

My husband and I just started watching Mad Men and we are hooked! We are on season 4 and can't wait to see what is in store for season 5. So cool that you've provided props for them!

Megan said...

I'm counting down the days; Mad Men and the style inspired by it make it my favorite show on TV. Can't wait to see how you celebrate it this week!

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for Joan--gotta support anyone with red hair!

Anonymous said...

Betty may be a lot of things but misunderstood is not one. What's fun about watching her is that she is a horrible person and her downward spiral keeps you guessing.

I read an article how the producers thought Peggy would be the most popular character with women because she is self-reliant, intelligent and independent but nope, polls show most women like Betty, the dumb, child-woman who is a jealous, sad excuse for a person...with pretty clothes.

Fine to like her but like her for the real reason; because she is an antagonist who keeps the show interesting.

Kelly Robson said...

It's fun to see some fellow Mad Men fans! Anonymous- interesting point of view!

Can't wait for the Season 5 premiere.

xoxo
Kelly

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I can't wait...and sorry, Anonymous..Betty is not dumb, she is actually intelligent and obviously frustrated with her lot in life. Like most women were at that time, thinking...is this all there is? I loved when she and Don went to Paris together, you had a glimpse at what she could have been.

Kelly Robson said...

My Crafty Home Life- I totally agree. I think that Betty's character is incredibly complex. In fact, nearly every character on this show is! You could really have an intelligent discussion on each person: what motivates them, how they became the way that they are... it's a tremendous show. And, I think that is why it's hit a nerve with so many people. Great writing.

xoxo
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Thats what I love about Mad Men, no one character is fully "good" or "bad". I hated Don for the 1st 3 seasons or so, and really loved Betty. Now I love Don and hate Betty. And I like Peggy now but was really bothered by her the 1st season. Its true because everyone is complicated, I'm never fully a perfect great person-- I have my faults too!

bentley said...

I can't wait for the premiere! How cool, you've provided props for them! Doesn't surprise me though. I love my bar cart and they have them in every room.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...