Thursday, January 26, 2012

Around Here

Things have been busy busy over here!  We're trying to expand the store, by adding some new and exciting products (stay tuned!)...  and in addition to that, I'm working on a few local interior design projects.  Every design is completely different and I am LOVING the creative challenge.  Here's what I've been up to this week...



I did a little antique shopping for a few clients:


found these 1930s French art deco side chairs with pitch-perfect leopard upholstery(!!!) for a client's new living room.  They were designed by legendary French designer, Jean-Michel Frank.  We need to repair some of the caning, but overall?  Finding these chairs MADE MY WEEK.  They're a pretty big deal and I'm obsessed with them.


spotted this vintage faux bamboo Baker table-- gorgeous.


a small red lacquer vintage Chinese cabinet?  Very cute.


and, I'm loving this antique gold mirror




Earlier in the week, I stopped by Lee Jofa/Brunschwig & Fils to shop for wallpaper. 

(love that David Hicks print)


But, I got distracted by the panels and panels of brand new Brunschwig fabrics.  Heaven!!  The overall theme was texture texture texture...  and these crewel prints were by far my favorite:


that's 6 inch crewel trim, people!  6 INCH.




a close up of that stunning crewel trim.  Perfect for trimming a drapery panel, or the bottom edge of a skirted sofa.



And, look at this beaut:

that is one ENTIRE panel of crewel bliss.



And, here it is on an upholstered Bergere chair in the showroom:

lovely.



But, back to the wallpaper.  While I shopped, I felt "someone" watching me:


He was having a busy day too, shopping the Ralph Lauren fabrics I presume.  :)  But, he stopped long enough for me to take his picture.



...



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Karena said...

So many great finds Kelly!! The leopard fabric does look perfect. Love the Baker Chinese table, I get all wrapped up in fabrics as well!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Lauren said...

Those are some gorgeous chairs! You are sure to have some happy clients. xoxo

The 5 Bickies said...

Great finds! I would love the vintage faux bamboo Baker table. I am local to you....can you share your source?

barnott1@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

Love the chairs and bamboo table.

Susan said...

LOVE those chairs, the bamboo table and the Chinese cabinet too. Beautiful! and fabric shopping is one of my favorite things to do--great post!

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

The cane back chairs are an amazing score! They are gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...