Thursday, January 6, 2011

Williams Sonoma Home Is Closing


Williams Sonoma Home is closing and I am heartbroken.  Even though I knew it was coming, I'm still sad about it.  My local King of Prussia store will close their doors on Sunday, January 9th.




They will continue to offer their fabulous goods online, but the stores will cease to exist (with the exception of Portland and New York, which are attached to the kitchen stores).

So sad.


...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Erika Machamer said...

I'm with you, Kelly! We love our Baxter dining room chairs (that you recommended!) from WS Home...we always had to shop online here in Atlanta, but I'm bummed that such a great store can't make it in this economy!

Emily said...

I would happily move into the empty store after they leave. Those built-ins look beautiful! I never had the pleasure of going to one of their stores but I'm glad they will still be online.

franki durbin said...

breaks my heart. I will miss my local store terribly. They were the perfect "upper end retail" concept. Have to pop in to one of the last two when I'm in NY!

kelleyp said...

i know. i was at the scottsdale location yesterday and it was so sad and empty. almost bought a $700 mirror for $140 but resisted as i had no place for it.

l.alden said...

Such sad news! I was quickly becoming a huge fan of WS Home furniture and other home accessories and had just purchased a few pieces for my home. My favorite piece in the whole store is the grasscloth wallpaper. GORGEOUS! if only it was not so expensive per roll.

Anonymous said...

I used to work for the company at the Stanford Shopping center store and i knew this was coming 3 years ago! Bad management and overpriced stuff. Yes the stores looked great and I liked being around such great design, but as is usually the case corporate office has no clue about what people want and what they can afford. Rest in peace WsHome

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...