Friday, June 4, 2010

Demo Day!

Let's get this party started.  Over the last month, my husband and I have been busting our butts doing yard work-- ripping out overgrown sideyards, painting our garden shed, trimming trees and transplanting plants, etc.  But, today is the day that we start working inside.  The 3rd floor of our home is about to get pulvarized in order to bring in new electrical, new insulation, and new windows.  My husband's two cousins from upstate NY are coming down to help with the dirty work.  And, I've been kicked out.  Really.  I was asked to take a few days and "leave the house" (one girl in a house with three boys, and one shower was not a good ratio).  Even though I begged and pleaded to stay and play in all that dust, my husband insisted that I leave.  So, I've cleaned up, made beds for our guests, baked 3 dozen brownies, stocked the fridge, and I'm leaving town for Indianapolis tonight.  I will be visiting Mom and Dad for the weekend.  A few days of shopping, laying by the pool, and getting some much needed catch-up time will have to suffice.  But, the boys have strict instructions to keep anything they find "interesting" in the walls!  You always hear these crazy stories of homeowners finding bizarre items within the walls of old homes.  My fingers are crossed that they find a million dollars of old stock certificates. 

In the meantime, here is a sneak peek of one 3rd floor bedroom.  Before the madness.




When it's done, I want it to feel this cozy....  I know we don't have the kids yet (someday), but I want the window seat!



Happy Weekend!

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

RLG said...

You're a very lucky girl -- I didn't realize your husband is such a sweetie. Have a great weekend. Enjoy the time off. xoxo

Helen Young said...

Hi Kelly -
I'll bet you are so excited! Nothing like a big project to get the creative juices going. Don't miss my Whitehaven posts over the last few days about our renovation in Richmond 20 years ago! There are lots of demo pictures - go check it out. Have fun on your trip!
Helen

Jennifer said...

how exciting!! good luck with million dollars thing :)

Nikki said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out. Have fun by the pool!

Thank god you don't have a husband like mine who expects you to participate and then gets mad when scratch your face for just a second and ruin the whole project ;)

KITARITA said...

sounds like fun...can't wait to see more photos of your wonderful house!

Barbara C said...

That area just begs for a window seat. Looking forward to seeing the "after" pictures.

a perfect gray said...

so exciting! relax, have fun, and when you return, POST PHOTOS!

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

wow, good luck. hope it all goes great for you.

just keep picturing the end result!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...