Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Tease


Thank you Previous Homeowners for planting bulbs last fall.  Thank you.  Because yesterday, after walking past mud and leftover snow, my husband spotted this in our yard.  It feels like they sprouted up overnight, and I couldn't be more excited.


My one girlfriend in NYC--who also had fabulous warm weather this weekend--is calling this week, the Spring Tease, and that surely we will be in for more cold winter weather.  I hope she is wrong (but suspect she's right).

...

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

MB said...

I live in the UK and spring is a ways off. Pictures will have to do...so thanks for sharing a little 'pre-spring' cheer:)

Lindsay said...

Ohhh, this gives me some light at the end of the tunnel that we'll soon see some buds popping up in our garden!!

Anonymous said...

Winter is brutal. I'm from California and am trying to survive my first winter in Chicago. Thanks for sending a little peep into spring!

Jennifer said...

I had those pop up in my yard last week. They bloomed and then completely disappeared. I called them crocuses, is that what they are?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...